Come and join the Futur!
Hot on the wheels of the announcement of Tiny Trax, FuturLab is excited to be looking for a Technical Director to join us in our Brighton studio! This is an ideal role for an existing Technical Director or for a seasoned Lead developer to step up into a new challenge.
FuturLab are in the unique position of having complete creative control of our own IP, therefore this position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to, and will enjoy seeing their own work highly visible within a finished product. It’s essential that you are proactive and care about creating high quality and fun experiences.
• Proficient in C++ and C#.
• Good working knowledge of Unity.
• At least 8 years of game development experience.
• Specialised knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, client/server, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus.
• Ability to break down and scope out technical tasks.
• Experience mentoring and leading a team.
• Experience with VR is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
• Ability to explain technical concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience.
• Working knowledge of Agile Development/Hansoft a plus.
• Manage the existing code team, their tasks and priorities.
• Scope out the technical architecture of each project.
• Identify and evaluate new technology, middleware and tools for each project.
• Work with the Art and Design teams to identify and define pipelines, workflows, and tools needed throughout the development process.
• Working closely with Creative Director to build the vision of the game, ensuring it becomes an actionable technical design that will deliver quality.
• Define, communicate and enforce coding standards
• Track and identify new opportunities to improve our methodology.
• Keep informed of innovations in technology and make informed decisions on our technical approach.
• Act as a senior developer on occasion to deliver or collaborate on high-impact, complex features or tools.
• Mentor and manage other programmers.
• Liaise and co-ordinate outsourced contractors.
• Support the Development Director with Studio strategic planning from a technological perspective.
Please check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for all reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills and experience and think that working by the sea side seems like a fantastic idea, then please email your latest CV and a cover letter along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a valid working visa to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
SALARY: Competitive + performance related bonus. Generous pension scheme. Private healthcare.