Embedded QA Tester
Role: Embedded QA Tester
Team: Quality Assurance
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for an Embedded QA Tester to work closely with our internal development teams. Reporting into the relevant development or franchise team manager, you will work with the game development teams to eliminate the vast majority of bugs during the development process.
- Find and report bugs during the development process on all relevant platforms
- Work with the team manager to determine focus areas and prioritise testing
- Validate new content and features from the development team as they are implemented into the game
- Work with the development team to ensure that software submitted for sign-off testing is as free from trivial, time consuming issues as possible
- Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe
- Improve knowledge of testing procedures, and where applicable, related equipment
- Maintain communication with the rest of the QA Team
What we look for in you:
- Experienced in QA for games/software development, ideally for at least 2 shipped products
- A good understanding of bug tracking software
- Able to work with passionate, driven, development teams
- Keen gamer
- Good verbal and written skills
- Minimum maths & English GCSE, standard grade or equivalent
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.