Pixel Toys are seeking an experienced Product Manager with the right skill set, attitude and passion to run the live service life-cycle of our award winning game, Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade.
Utilising player data, competitive insights and best practices in product optimisation, you will help manage the product and drive features. Ultimately, you will be the driving force behind increasing player satisfaction, engagement, retention and revenue.
This is an opportunity to join a growing developer at an exciting time in the company’s development and work on titles that push the limits of the latest mobile and VR hardware.
You will work in a flexible and fun environment, having the opportunity to add your own ideas to the mix to help create the most enjoyable and entertaining games possible.
Own the full live service life-cycle, including:
- Making feature development recommendations based on detailed product knowledge and market driven insights in order to achieve the business goals.
- Writing clear, achievable product / feature requirements.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to implement agreed features on time and within budget for the greatest impact on the product’s KPIs.
- Working with our in-house data scientist to review analysis results and share insights across the team and business.
- Gain knowledge and understand player experience / psychology in order to identify opportunities for feature development that will increase engagement, retention, player base and revenue.
- Scope and prioritise features based on business and player impact, supporting long-term decision making and road-map planning.
- Support the Monetisation Director in generating expected outcomes by researching and analysing data from existing games and creating forecasts.
- Demonstrate excellent judgement in developing the product strategy and presenting clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving the business goals.
- Own and develop the strategy for marketing the product with stakeholders and manage internal and external resources to drive this through to the consumer.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
- Experience of live-operation of a successful free-to-play mobile game where you can demonstrate that your input resulted in KPI improvements.
- Passionate about free-to-play and games in general, playing a wide spectrum of games, and clearly able analyse issues and articulate robust solutions.
- Are driven to make free-to-play products perform better by increasing player base, engagement, retention and revenue.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Proven experience in video game product marketing and community development.
- Able to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams, inspiring and leading them to achieving goals.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to find answers to business questions via hands on exploration of data using SQL, Excel, statistical analysis and business intelligence tools.
- Experience in optimising product features after release through multivariate testing and data driven iteration.
- Ability to summarise complex problems and present in a clear and concise way.
- Be a self-starter, a team player and driven.
We'll be really pleased if you have:
- Experience of designing free-to-play games in one or more published titles – able to demonstrate a key role within the development of those titles, and overall design responsibility for at least one.
- Relevant experience in, and ownership of, product marketing.
- Free-to-play and UX design skills.
- Experience creating and shipping Unity titles.
- Experience developing on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Facebook Game Room or Windows 10.
- Qualifications in Marketing, e.g. CIM.
Why Apply to Pixel Toys
Pixel Toys is an award-winning developer situated in the heart of the beautiful Regency town of Leamington Spa. The company works on games that are played and loved by millions of gamers across the world, pushes what’s technically and visually possible on mobile and is creating pioneering titles in the emerging VR space. We are a growing company and recently moved into a new completely refurbished office in the centre of Leamington Spa.
We'll give you the opportunity to:
- Work in a flexible environment.
- Help define the studio culture and values.
- Create genre-leading, award winning titles.
In addition we'll:
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience.
- Provide pension, healthcare, and childcare schemes.
- Commit to a great bonus scheme.
- Provide regular activities like pub and cinema nights as well a team building events.
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow.