Lockwood Publishing is one of the leading independent UK mobile games companies. Our most successful product to date is a 3D virtual world on mobile called Avakin Life. Since November 2013, Avakin has been downloaded over 27 million times across iOS, Google Play, Amazon, Facebook Gameroom and Daydream. Achieving this respectful level of downloads without the aid of a significant user acquisition spend, and with only a small number of store features, is a testament to our belief Avakin can continue to grow without suffering from the start-stop nature of other mobile products.
We want to hear from talented and passionate developers that can help us implement our incredibly exciting and ambitious roadmap. As part of the team at Lockwood, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise. Our working environment is extremely open, and all team members have complete access to any metrics they wish. We hold regular company-wide briefings to ensure team members and departments are aware of the direct impact their efforts have on the progress of the project. Best of all, because we believe team members deserve more than a pat on the back for their effort, we offer a bonus scheme that pays out 50% of any increase in record quarterly profits to the team.
• Working with game team Software Engineers, artists and production team to eliminate issues before change lists integration and to validate that features have reached the targeted quality levels
• Compile trackers and reports for regression, checklists and coverage
• Responsible for a few specific areas of the game and create Test-Plans and Test-Cases based on provided production expectations containing accurate verification points. Including edge case test scenarios and potential knock-on issues over other areas that could be impacted by specific integrations
• Analyse the information provided by the Development and Production Teams and be able to identify risk areas
• Find and enter high-quality issues based on department standards and perform edge case scenario tests to ensure fixes have no knock-on effects.
• Interface on a daily basis with the domain experts – development and production team – and provided high quality support and accurate feedback
• Verify pre-integration change lists for issue fixing, feature changes or tuning
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• At least one year experience in a QA position on either Mobile or Console
• Previous experience working in the games industry
• Strong ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines
• Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
• Interest and knowledge of mobile platforms (Amazon, Google Play, Apple)
• Keen eye for detail
• Good MS Office skills
• Understanding of games industry and game terminology
• Passionate and experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with the game-playb elements rapidly
• Previous experience with black-box testing
• Previous experience with issue tracking databases (JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack, Mantis etc.)
• Good troubleshooting skills
Company Benefits Include: Competitive salary depending on experience, an extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental gain in profit into a bonus pot to shared between the team, flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm), staff social outings, Pension and Gym membership, share options scheme available in the near future.
This is a permanent position located in our Nottingham studio.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the level of interest we are currently unable to sponsor work visa applications for this role.
Many thanks for your interest