Lockwood Publishing is one of the leading independent UK mobile games companies. Our most successful product to date is a 3D virtual world on mobile called Avakin Life. Since November 2013, Avakin has been downloaded over 27 million times across iOS, Google Play, Amazon, Facebook Gameroom and Daydream. Achieving this respectful level of downloads without the aid of a significant user acquisition spend, and with only a small number of store features, is a testament to our belief Avakin can continue to grow without suffering from the start-stop nature of other mobile products.
We want to hear from talented and passionate developers that can help us implement our incredibly exciting and ambitious roadmap. As part of the team at Lockwood, you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise. Our working environment is extremely open, and all team members have complete access to any metrics they wish. We hold regular company-wide briefings to ensure team members and departments are aware of the direct impact their efforts have on the progress of the project. Best of all, because we believe team members deserve more than a pat on the back for their effort, we offer a bonus scheme that pays out 50% of any increase in record quarterly profits to the team.
• Work with production, backend, design and art team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the client team and track development efforts across the team.
• Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
• Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the client team that meets the game design and technical requirements.
• Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system by leading regular technical design and code reviews.
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practises within the team.
• Ensure the creation of technical documentation is of a high standard.
• Mentor, manage and regularly review individuals to build an effective team.
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
• 5 years of game industry experience, with at least 2 years as a lead programmer or higher.
• Experience leading a team of multiple programmers.
• A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisation, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
• Excellent math and communication skills.
• Passion for game development and game technology.
Desirable, but not essential skills & experience:
• A deep understanding of development on mobile platforms, and mobile SDKs.
• Advanced knowledge of Unity3D.
• Experience developing networked games.
This is a permanent position located in our Nottingham studio.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Benefits Include: Competitive salary depending on experience, an extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental gain in profit into a bonus pot to shared between the team, flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm), staff social outings, Pension and Gym membership, share options scheme available in the near future.
This is a permanent position in Nottingham. Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the level of interest we are currently unable to sponsor work visa applications for this role.
Many thanks for your interest