Frontier is looking for a build engineer to join our office in Cambridge, UK. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our game and technology teams in driving forward the way we test our games and tools.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can innovate and improve our existing automated testing and build procedures to support these projects, and will manage the various builds both internally during development and for external releases.
- Working with our existing continuous integration build setup to ensure that functioning, recent builds of our games and various tools are available to those who require them, and that development progress isn’t blocked by broken builds.
- Creating new automated tests as part of our continuous integration system, and managing existing tests ensuring they remain relevant for the projects in question.
- Ensuring that the build process is as fast and hassle-free as possible for all 100+ members of our teams.
- Improving all aspects of the build process and systems for our various projects. This will include both the process of creating and packaging a build as well as project-specific paths such as data export and validation.
- A good degree or equivalent level study in Computer Science or Computing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Buildbot, Jenkins, CruiseControl.
- Experience working with large codebases across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably SVN)
- Existing experience with scripting languages (preferably Python or Lua).
- Able to communicate well with team members, across multiple disciplines.
- Good at managing competing demands for your time.
- Experience with tool chains such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Xcode, CLANG, GCC for building applications targeting Windows, Mac OS X, Console and Mobile.
- Experience with build systems such as Jam, NMake or CMake.
- C++ experience is a plus, but not essential. C# experience would also be valuable.