R&D Game Designer - Production Team
- Bucharest, Romania
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft has a team of over 5200 people in 27 studios spread across the world. With over 500 games developed and marketed in 120 countries, Gameloft generated over 1,7 billion tablet and smartphone downloads. 20 million users access daily our games downloading on average 1 million new games every day.
Gameloft Romania, through it’s over 1200 employees active in the Bucharest and Cluj studios has created and developed successful titles such as NOVA, NOVA 2, NOVA 3, Backstab, The Dark Knight Rises, Modern Combat 5, Starfront: Collision, Ferrari GT, Asphalt 5, Asphalt 6, Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front, Terminator: Salvation, Shrek Kart, Captain America 2, Blitz Brigade, Brothers in Arms 3 available for Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android and tablets.
Aiming to generate innovative and creative games for fast growing technologies, we are constantly looking for the best talents in our field.
As a R&D game designer your are in charge of developing original game concepts, focusing on innovative gameplay mechanics and meta game approaches and rapidly taking these ideas to market.
- Design innovative gameplay mechanics, features and metagames
- Rapidly prototype game ideas in a standard editor package
- Collaborate with Gameloft employees in all Gameloft studios on topics relating to innovative game concepts
- Help develop a rapid iteration workflow, including suggestions and hands on involvement in developing tools as needed by the design team
- Foster a creative and open minded workplace, focusing on innovation
- Strong knowledge of basic rules of f2p game design (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rhythm, reward).
- Think creatively and have a passion for playing and making gamesAbility to work well in groups, including strong interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with at least some of the industry standard editor packages (UDK, Unity)
- A rich cultural and visual background (movies, comics, theatre, literature, painting)
- A wide and deep understanding of the gaming industry, especially in terms of past and future trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- An understanding of the major tools used in the mobile game industry (3D modeling and animation, various KPI tracking toolsets) is a plus
- Motivating salary and a merit based pay system
- Lunch tickets
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances
- A chance to work in a real multinational team
- A modern office complex including:
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities
- 3 massage rooms inside the building
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, Foosball
- A dedicated kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes
- Free aerobic, zumba, Pilates, healthy back, TRX classes inside the gym
- Free access to football and basketball courts
- Free psychological counseling
- Kindergarden inside our courtyard