About the studio
Established in 2012, Atom Republic is an independent developer and publishing studio based in Woking, UK. Atom Republic are the creators of Atom Universe; a virtual world available on PS4 and PC which innovatively allows cross-play between both platforms.
Our first venture into the realm of virtual worlds was with Sony's PlayStation® Home, where we quickly became one of the most thrilling and fastest-growing developers on the platform. Now we are developing our own ever-evolving world, and that’s where you come in!
Development at our studio is exciting and challenging; we work quickly on an iterative basis with regular releases, meaning there is always something new just around the corner. The team are empowered to have ownership over their projects, and we regularly share ideas which go on to become new features.
We are currently looking for a Generalist Programmer to join our team.
· Implement gameplay based on design documents and specification, in C++.
· Create and design original mechanics within the design specification.
· Design and Implement in-game UI
· 2 to 3 years of experience at an established game studio
· Excellent C++ skills.
· 3D Math & Rendering Techniques
· Code optimizations for PS4
· Self-motivated, proactive, flexible and a team player.
· Knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4.
· Web programming for client-side tools
Benefits: flexible hours, possibility of working from home occasionally, additional training is available if required
Salary – depends on candidate’s experience