Technical Producer (Unannounced Project)
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. This year so far, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on the PC and completed Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One. We're now expanding our team for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
For our Technical Producer for an unannounced project, we are looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills. You have prior experience in game development in both engineering and production roles, and have a keen knowledge of how an effective game engineering team operates. Self-direction and follow-up skills are essential, as well as the ability to anticipate development issues and determine alternative solutions. You are passionate about game development as well as the challenge of delivering games on time and to a very high technical quality.
You will be responsible for managing the engineering team day to day, as well as performing service tasks such as streamlining communication, building strong working relationships with all departments, and working with the client and their services.
- Planning of technical features which are not directly player-facing (performance test, scalability, stability)
- Identifying code dependencies between features, mitigating technical debt
- Identifying bottlenecks in developers’ workflows
- Branching strategy, distributed development, code sharing between projects
- Coordinating efforts on build systems, localization, automated testing
- Interfacing with IT for access management, escalating technical problems
- Interfacing with partners for integration of our systems into their infrastructure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A passion for video games, video game development, and the video game industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrable experience in shipping AAA games on PC or console
- At least one title shipped in a Production role
- At least one title shipped in a software development role
- Experience in continuous integration and version control systems, managing multiple branches and releases
- Experience managing teams and individuals, and delivering products on time
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results
- Knowledge of software development process, project management, and performance management
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High level of self-confidence with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, peers and business partners
- Experience with operating a “game as a service”
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams
- Skilled in risk assessment/management
- Well-versed in project management software & an ability to adapt to a range of software, such as TeamCity, JIRA and SVN/Perforce
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.
We review every application which is sent to us and due to the amount we receive this can often cause a delay in our feedback response. Please provide your CV, Portfolio ( if necessary ) and a Cover Letter. As we receive hundreds of applications for our live roles try to make your application stand out from the rest, show us something fun and unique which really displays your character and assets!