We're looking for a creative and collaborative Media Artist to support our marketing team across a number of Obsidian brands and commercial efforts.
Over the course of our 14 years in the industry, Obsidian has sold millions of units, won a ton of awards, and, above all, we've always put our players first in every decision we've made. We want more gamers to know and experience the games we love to make – and that's where marketing comes in. Joining the Marketing team means helping make sure gamers the world over get to know Obsidian and our games!
The Media Artist position is responsible for the design and creation of brand and channel marketing materials, as well as working with and managing vendors and publisher partners where necessary. While 2D art and marketing assets will be the primary focus, we're looking for someone who has had some experience working in tandem with video production teams, as well. This position reports to the Director of Marketing, but works very closely with the Art Director and various teams' Lead Artists.
- Generate visual assets for websites, community, social media, and promotional activities.
- Collaborate closely with PR and Marketing team to ensure all materials maintain brand consistency.
- Build a rapport with development teams on multiple game titles to know and understand how best to represent their brands and characters visually.
- Help manage and develop media packages for events and trade shows.
- Build and manage relationships with external outsource agency partners.
- Designing and implementing graphics and layout for newsletters and banners.
- Review and adjust art assets for all creatives to maintain a high standard of aesthetics.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS.
- Exceptional understanding of design principles, form, composition, and framing.
- Ability to multi-task and meet project deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and an important focus on maintaining consistency.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be receptive to art direction and perform well within a team setting.
- Team-working skills are essential as the role will involve working in a small high-energy team of artists, designers, programmers and executives.
- Previous experience working for a video game studio or on a title.
- Previous experience working in marketing or branding.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design
- A web portfolio demonstrating a range of digital illustration capabilities and marketing materials applicable to the job responsibilities listed above