Do you have a background in game art and managment? Are you a people's person that's interested in Paradox Interactive and our grand strategy brands? Would you love to help our graphics reach new visual heights by helping our artiststhrive and develop their career? Then read on since we got just the thing for you!
As Art Manager at our development studio in Stockholm, you will be functional manager of all our artists: 2D Artists, 3D Artists, and Animators. You make sure our project managers have access to the best artists for the game project at hand. You will not work directly with creating game art but rather lead, coach, and influence the professions, as well as making sure the rest of the company uses their skills in the best way possible. Our artists design, create, and implement all art assets that are needed for our games. You work closely with Project Leads, Art Director, Studio Manager and Human Resources.
- Manage the process of hiring artists on all Paradox Development Studio projects
- Perform performance reviews, salary reviews, and coaching
- Gather information from Project Leads and continuously evaluate and give feedback to Artists
- Create and implement skill development plans for the Art Department
- Work towards ensuring Paradox Development Studio utilizes its artists in the best possible way and that the team has the proper support
- Assume personnel responsibility, handling employee issues affecting the work of employees, ensuring a good work environment and that legal requirements are met
- At least 5 years of art-related games industry experience
- Excellent written English and spoken English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous experience as a Lead, Art Manager or Art Director in the game industry is not a requirement but will be considered as a strong advantage
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox Interactive’s grand strategy games will be considered as an advantage
As a person you lead by example and we think you are the type who gains energy from seeing the people around you improve and that you gain satisfaction from helping others overcoming their obstacles. You are not afraid of conflicts and when you see an issue or conflict arise you deal with them. You are passionate about video games and want to be part of and contribute to an organization that delivers fun and meaningful experiences to the players. You also thrive in a modern, creative office environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Studio Manager
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply for this role.