Are you fascinated in how data and analytics helps a company make strategic decisions? Do you want your understanding of statistics and analytics to play a key part in decision making and help others understand the quantitative results?
Data Scientists at Paradox are the champions of our data and analytics strategy and together we build the Analytics team to deliver on it. Paradox Interactive welcomes recent graduates who are embarking on their professional careers. This role will provide ample opportunity to learn new technologies, tools and approaches to find business insights. This Junior Data Scientist role is ideal for someone who is inquisitive, likes to solve problems and has an interest in working at a leading global publisher of strategy games for all platforms.
You will be a part of a senior and skilled Analytics team that will lead the organisation in the transformation into becoming truly data driven.
Below are the most important aspects of the role:
- Become a member of the Analytics team and work to develop the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and predictive modeling.
- Help develop statistical, predictive analytical models and insights using scientific test/validation based methods. Visualize and explain results in an easy to grasp manner.
- Contribute on a wide variety of Analytics projects such as creating in depth reports, building data pipelines and building internal analytic tools.
- Remain up to date with trends and developments in the wider analytics/data science community, to ensure that our knowledge, skills and abilities remain current.
- Maximize personal professional development to ensure continuation of a personal contribution to the Analytics team and Paradox.
- Occasionally work with our Stakeholders to understand and solve problems by asking the right questions and delivering appropriate answers.
Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or similar
Familiarity with programming languages and statistical tools.
Use of R and SQL would be ideal.
Self-starter, results orientated and able to work under minimal guidance.
Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies
One year of working experience in similar role
Fluent in English, spoken and written
Good communication and presentation skills
Experience from mobile games development and/or passion for videogames will be consider as an advantage, as well as experience from working in an analytics department.
A key success factor in this position is excellent networking and cooperation skills to help our company succeed. You are able to take responsibility and have a highly analytical and goal-oriented approach to problem solving. Hence you are driven, result oriented, proactive and enjoy working in a multinational environment. As a team member you strive towards continuous learning and improvements, support each other and have fun along the way.
We strive for diversity on the team, so please include your oddities with your personal letter and CV.
Scope: Temporary position for 1 year
Reports to: Analytics Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.