Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Design | Location: Hunt Valley , MD, US
The Systems designer will work with the Systems Lead and the rest of the development team in the creation and maintenance of the core mechanics and systems of the game, not related directly to combat. They will be responsible for mechanisms which retain players’ short term and long term interest in the product and in facilitating social interactions between players.
- New systems design documentation and proposals.
- Create and maintain systems such as death, looting rules, etc.
- Work with combat team to have systems which support combat.
- Handle all social systems such as guilds, friends, groups, etc.
- Handle itemization rules, attributes, progression, and introduction methods.
- Must ensure a healthy live game economy ensuring there is not rapid inflation, stagflation, etc.
- Make certain that progression paths include enough reward mechanisms to keep players engaged.
- Work with the Systems Lead, Lead Gameplay Designer and Creative Director to implement any changes necessary based on feedback, and be responsive and amenable to such changes as systems relates to the bigger picture.
- Any other duties assigned by the Systems Lead, Lead Gameplay Designer and Creative Director.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Adhere to guidelines and restrictions for systems with the Systems Lead, Lead Gameplay Designer and Creative Director
- Must maintain clear and concise documentation for all systems they are responsible for
- Must be able to communicate well with programmers and artists
How to Apply