Community Manager – Online Games
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Community | Location: Rockville , MD, US
As a member of the Online Games division of the Community Management team, this successful candidate will support day-to-day community-related activities for Online Titles including but not limited to The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions, and The Elder Scrolls Legends. Duties include managing official community websites, social media channels, and live events for the game. In this role, the candidate will also work closely with Bethesda’s Communications team (Community/Marketing/PR).
- Working with Online Games division of the Community Management team, assist in developing a pre- and post-launch community development strategy that fosters audience growth and retention through tactics including content production, social media engagement, influencer outreach, and more.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that community feedback for the game is addressed.
- Become a key spokesman within the internal and external online communities for Bethesda games.
- Build relationships with key players in the Quake community, including but not limited to fans, pro players, and livestreamers.
- Work in collaboration with Development, Quality Assurance and Customer Support teams to ensure a positive player experience.
- Participate in development of community assets such as game videos, social media content, podcasts, developer interviews, product updates.
- Process community feedback and help conduct private and public tests.
- Contribute to community reports including player reactions, metrics, and research.
- Represent the brand and studios at trade shows, exhibitions, and other events.
- Assist other members of the community team with community-related tasks – including efforts on other online titles.
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years experience in community management (online games a plus).
- Strong understanding of popular social networking tools and trends.
- Proven history of maintaining and developing an online community.
- Knowledgeable on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities.
- Drive to innovate community practices and bring community management to the next level;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking and live broadcast/stream experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with photo/video/podcasting editing a plus.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Passion for onllne gaming genres including MMOGs, MOBAs, competitive FPS games, and digital card games.
- Strong understanding of competitive gaming culture – including online tournaments and eSports.
How to Apply