2D Animator (Flash/ Spine)
Location: Dundee, Angus, United Kingdom
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Mid Level
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 55 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the 2016 TIGA Outstanding Growth Award.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our team of 200 talented and dynamic Outplayers have so far developed several critically acclaimed original games which include, Castle Creeps, Alien Creeps TD, Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Bubble Genius as well as Angry Birds POP! in partnership with Rovio. With an exciting pipeline of future games and continued growth on existing games Outplay can offer fantastic opportunities in a great working environment to continue your career development.
This kind of trajectory is incredibly exciting to be a part of. Our teams don’t just join us for their next role they join us to be a part of our journey.
Each product is developed and owned by the team; they drive the development, design, and creative direction of the products in coordination with our directors, marketing, and analytics’ teams so we offer a real hands-on experience
If you are a 2D Animator with Flash and Spine experience and want to join a world class team, then this role is for you! We are looking for someone who has strong referable 2D and 3D Animation skills along with strong knowledge of Adobe CC Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop). The ideal candidate for this role will also have knowledge of Esoteric Spine and Adobe flash which is essential for this role.
For this role we would need someone who is a great team player, able to communicate their ideas and receive feedback constructively, and provide direction and guidance to others. We would need someone who can hit the ground running with this role as this is a creative, exciting and fast moving team.
So if you are someone who can meet the above criteria and can handle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel with small team environments along with a love of mobile games then this is the role for you!
In return we offer a great package, genuine career progression, job stability and the chance to be part of something very special.
- Strong 3D Modelling skills (Autodesk Maya ideally, 3ds Max will be considered)
- Strong referable knowledge of Adobe CC Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop...)
- Can contribute to the visual design of Outplay games
- Ability to both translate and maintain style from 2D concept to 3d model
- Ability to illustrate ideas and concepts
- Works in a wide range of styles, but ideally experienced in cartoon/caricatured environments/characters
- Can take direction well and, as required, constructively provide direction and guidance to others.
- Can hit the ground running to join a fast paced creative team/company.
- Can handle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environments.
- A love of mobile game development and mobile gaming.
- Strong knowledge of mobile game charts and current trends.