Lead Environment Artist
- Royal Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines;
- Identify and set up best practices;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Facilitate training initiatives for the team as required in liaison with the Learning & Development Manager;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into their team;
- Make suggestions that are in line with the game's marketing positioning;
- Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all Art Leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level;
- Keep open channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints;
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes;
- Delegate and assign work to team members using JIRA or other tracking tools used on the
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
- Manage the onboarding process for new starters in their team;
- Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer;
- Manage individual team member’s performance and progress;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques to create graphic assets expected on the
- Good knowledge of texture mapping and material;
- Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
- Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 22nd May 2017
Closing date for applications: 21st June 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.