- Royal Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Provide constant support to their assigned development cell and to production as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected quality level.
• Understand their role as part of the team is to optimise the quality of the game;
• Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
• Perform regular regression to validate that bugs are fixed;
• Execute all test cases as defined by the lead, respecting fixed productivity and quality targets;
• Validate new content, features and fixes from the development team for both quality and functionality before those changes are submitted to the game;
• Track bugs entered in the database (Jira) by external testing team and manage the assignment of those bugs respecting Ubisoft’s internal priority system;
• Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build and your perception of the game’s quality;
• Work autonomously, prioritising work in accordance with the project’s needs;
• Support the development, production and marketing teams according to specific requests;
• Assure the quality of production tools before they are shared with the development teams;
• Complete smoke tests on specific versions before they are sent to Functional QA;
• Maintain good communications and productive collaboration with all QA team members and the development team;
• Collaborate with the Functionality QA teams for the duration of development;
• Constantly communicate issues encountered to team members and developers;
• Determine test needs with development teams, Associate Producers and Production Coordinators;
• Work closely with the Lead QA/Associate Lead QA to create and complete test plans and draft reports.
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference;
• Knowledge of the Windows environment;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
• Knowledge of scrum is an asset;
• Knowledge of console operations is an asset;
• Excellent communication skills are essential to the role;
• The role holder should be passionate about video games;
• Relevant experience as a tester in a video game company ideally as an embedded tester;
• Preferably having shipped at least one title in a QA capacity.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.
Videos To Watch