At Another Place we believe that only world class talent can produce truly successful games. We are building a kick ass team of game makers to produce the best free to play Role Playing games on mobile platforms. Our team is small, and we operate in an environment where empowerment, passion, commitment and fun are all key values.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer for our London Waterloo studio to boost our talented engineering team. The successful candidate will be passionate about game software engineering, as well as all aspects of game development, from design to releasing updates. We’re also looking for someone who is great to work with, and who everyone will love interacting with.
- Taking responsibility for development of game features, from client implementation to server side game logic
- Working with Unity 5 and C# to write game features, design UI, develop tools, etc.
- Working with Java and other languages to implement server side components of game features
- Taking part in all aspects of the sprint life-cycle, from planning to implementation to release to live operations
- Working closely with the rest of the game team to make sure features are implemented to specification
- Working closely with the art and animation team to help optimise their workflow
- Excellent software engineering skills
- Experience working in a client-server environment
- Experience working in a live game team supporting a significant player base
- A passion for games, as well as all technical aspects of making them
- A passion for learning new programming languages and technologies
- A strong working knowledge of Unity
- Experience working on mobile games
- Great communication skills and attitude
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Having worked on a successful free to play title
- Experience working on server side components
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with Java
- A passion for role playing games and card battlers