IT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Rockstar India is seeking an IT System Administrator. This role will be responsible for IT systems implementation and administration, trouble ticket resolution and infrastructure maintenance. The position is a first responder to issues that arise at Rockstar India and acts as liaison between Rockstar India and other Rockstar Games studios, providing local IT support and ensuring global Rockstar initiatives are implemented properly.
- Assist in the planning and local implementation of changes to the Rockstar India network infrastructure.
- Implement and follows Rockstar network security plans.
- Oversee the administration of the Rockstar India component of the global Rockstar WAN.
- Oversee troubleshooting, backups, data archiving, and disaster recovery – providing expert support when necessary.
- Work with Rockstar global IT to implement global and local infrastructure and systems while ensuring they are implemented in a way that best accommodate Rockstar and Technicolor needs.
- Proactively engage Rockstar global IT with suggestions for systems improvement.
- Ensure timely resolution of any / all IT issues.
Help Desk Administration
- Oversee all Rockstar India help desk activities.
- Interact with Rockstar India team members and Rockstar studios to resolve IT-related issues in a timely manner.
- Record and report status of help desk issues.
- Responsible for SW & HW purchasing, maintaining effective Inventory Management of all IT assets within and in use by Rockstar India, and sharing this information with Rockstar Games as needed.
- Ensure that company assets are maintained responsibly and are in good working order.
- Data Centre implementation experience is a must.
- English fluency is a must.
Hands-on experience with the below mentioned tools / technologies:
- Storage: NAS Environment, (EMC Isilon, NetApp, etc.).
- Servers: Dell Servers, HP Blade Servers. Cluster implementation.
- Workstations: High End Workstations HP or Any branded PC’s & MAC PC’s.
- Backup: Dell Ml6000 Tape Library with LTO Tape drives.
- Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless, Cisco Router, Wireless, Proxy Server, Firewall.
- Implementing VLAN’s, Juniper Router’s and Internet (MPLS, Lease Lines, ISDN).
- Knowledge on Foundry Networks & Alcatel Switches will be Added Advantage.
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server with Active Directory Administration,
- DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Windows Exchange Server.
- Advantage, Veritas Netbackup, Terminal Services & VOIP. Software and Hardware RAID Architecture, Blackberry, VPN.
- Linux Administration will be an added benefit.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to relay problems and ideas to the IT team as well as management.
- Experience with Animation industry will be added advantage.
- Ability to identify and provide standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reporting information to Rockstar IT management.
- Remain at the forefront of emerging technology and industry practices.
- Effective member of the team, and work well in a group setting.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles a big plus.