Rockstar India is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, and personable NOC Engineer to join our 24x7 Online Operations group. Applicants will be highly motivated and organized, able to work as part of a team, while also possessing the ability to work without supervision.
- As part of the 24x7 network surveillance team, support 24x7 coverage efforts.
- Periodically check application and system health to support NOC Technicians.
- Day to day administration of a 1000+ Windows/Linux servers, including related applications.
- Manage and support local site VMWare multi-cluster environment.
- Perform Level 1 to Level 2 administration of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Administer monitoring services such as Systems Center Operations Manager, Check_MK, Splunk, AppDynamics.
- Record and respond to system events in accordance with established procedures.
- Correlate multiple monitoring system events and application status to ensure proper diagnosis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system related issues via pre-defined runbooks.
- Determine severity and urgency of an incident and take immediate action to restore service; escalating to Tier II/Tier III staff as necessary.
- Establish communications structure during system impacting events and record timeline(s) to resolution.
- Serve as the central point for health status updates on production and development platforms.
- Continuously look for improvements and offer recommendations to existing documentation.
- Protect players’ experience by applying initiative and sound judgment while adhering to established incident management tools.
- Identify events requiring new runbook and work with management to complete development.
- Serve as escalation point to other NOC staff members during normal and after-hours.
- Perform control access management activities and conduct patch/remediation efforts.
- Lead and perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS and/or equivalent experience.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows Server Operating System, Active Directory & Microsoft SQL in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years’ experience with MS SQL, VMware, and IIS including related technologies and standards such as DHCP, DNS, DFS, LDAP, IPSEC, CIFS, SMB, etc...
- Possess a thorough understanding of principles of TCP/IP based networks.
- Ability to work independently and possess superior skills in issue resolution.
- Strong sense of urgency, with a passion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring and reporting tools.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Self-motivated in learning and enhancing technical skills to increase job effectiveness.
- 2+ yrs’ experience with supporting large online development and production environments.
- Experience in Windows/Linux server configuration, administration, and monitoring.
- Familiar with any monitoring and support tools such as: Grafana, Cloudwatch, Graphite, InfluxDB, Check_MK, AppDynamics, Splunk, New Relic.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exposure to Cloud environments.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.