Rockstar India is searching for experienced and enthusiastic individuals to join our international Gameplay team. As part of the team you will be directly involved in creating the end user experience, determining how player input translates to character control, how we go from discrete animations to a movement system that flows; how we bring the world to life.
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be responsible for implementing tasks to specifications. Taking directon from Lead Programmers, you will work on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, including:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bring our worlds to life by creating believable behaviours and routines for their inhabitants.
- Navigate across varying terrain types, avoiding obstacles efficiently.
- Work on strategies to produce fun and challenging combat encounters.
- Character Mechanics
- Create blend trees that combine animations, which are driven from both player and AI input.
- In conjunction with animators, finely tune and polish systems to produce the best combination of realism and responsiveness.
- Gameplay Mechanics
- Weapon and damage systems.
- Create the illusion of densely populated worlds.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming experience.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- Solid C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Good team communication skills.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.