Video Graphics Artist
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Content Development
Location: Manchester (Chadderton)
Hours: Full time. Mon-Fri
Video Graphic Artist - Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Unity, Autodesk Maya, Lightwave3D
SG Gaming designs and develops leading gaming content in a creative and dynamic work environment, constantly striving to deliver new and exciting content to our consumers.
We are currently seeking a Video Graphic Artist to join our Content Development Department in Manchester. Reporting to the Video Graphics Manager, working in a creative graphics team alongside other artists, software engineers and games designers, the role is to develop video game graphics for UK and International gaming markets. The successful candidate will have responsibility for taking games from the initial concept through to final production, employing 2D and 3D graphics skills. You will also produce supporting graphics for marketing purposes.
We are looking for an individual who has a genuine interest in gaming, good working knowledge of graphics software including Adobe After Effects and Photoshop and demonstrable knowledge of Unity and Autodesk Maya or Lightwave3D. You must be able to demonstrate your skillset via a portfolio link on your application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of highly creative 3D and 2D artwork for domestic and foreign markets
- Implementation of artwork into proprietary 3D games engine on target platforms
- Liaising with software engineers throughout the development process to ensure effective and timely delivery of games within deadlines
- Liaising with the Video Graphics Manager and games designers to create new themes, ideas and game concepts
- Creation of marketing graphics/movies to support product releases
Skills and Experience:
- High level knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Demonstrable knowledge of either Autodesk Maya or Lightwave3D
- Character modelling/animation skills
- Knowledge of the structure of games
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge of Gambling industry
- Knowledge of creating games for the Web and or Mobile
Our investment in talent keeps SG Gaming at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play. SG Gaming has the support of global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.