SENIOR CONCEPT ARTIST – FIXED TERM CONTRACT 18 MONTHS
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced art department for a Senior Concept Artist.
You will be joining the team at the beginning of a new project developing an established AAA title in a realistic style for home consoles and PC platforms and will play an instrumental role in generating concept art and production illustrations for characters, environments and props.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create target quality concept art for characters, environments and props working in collaboration with the Art Director and art department leads
- Generate production focused illustrations for the art team that allow them to produce high quality, photorealistic in-game characters, environments and prop assets
- Perform research and analysis on given visual subjects, generate mood boards and sketches that present options and solutions within the remit provided
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the product goals and design direction. Ensure that all output adheres to and is complementary to the core game pillars and brand values
- Assist in creating briefs and providing feedback for outsourced art work
- At least 5 years’ professional video game development experience or equivalent experience in a related field; such as film or animation production
- Excellent drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles and generate character, environment and prop focused concept art
- Proven ability to generate a visual solution to a complex brief, whilst adhering closely to the art pillars of the project
- In-depth anatomical and architectural knowledge
- Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective, lighting and colour theory
- Strong observation and research skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills; and help other team members to do the same
- Strong interest in playing video games
- Adaptable and versatile: a can-do attitude
A portfolio is required which demonstrates the following:
- High quality, realistic styled examples of target quality concept art images for human based characters, environments and props
- High quality, realistic styled examples of production focused illustrations that convey the key aspects of form, function, and material which would then allow an artist to translate the illustration into an actual game asset
- A keen interest in photography, cinema and sci-fi
- Previous experience with SketchUp, 3DS Max or Unreal Engine 4 and the ability to work with block-out game assets to generate paint over concepts / sketches
- Ability to generate ideas and participate collaboratively with other production disciplines
To apply for this position please click Apply Now including your CV, cover letter and a link to your online portfolio.
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.