REGULAR OR SENIOR CINEMATIC ANIMATOR
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced Animation department for a Cinematic Animator.
If you have a passion for character animation and cinematics and have 2+ years’ experience in the game or film industry using Maya then please get in touch!
- Collaborate with Animation Director, Narrative Designer and Cinematic Director and create blockouts to define the cinematic direction
- Create exceptional handcrafted animations using Autodesk Maya
- Create photo-realistic animations of the highest quality utilizing motion capture technology
- Animate facial, fingers, props and dynamic objects to a high level of fidelity. Attention to detail and time management are both a requirement and Cinematic Animator must ensure that quality versus quantity produced is always well balanced
- Work productively with other teams/specialities, particularly programmers and designers, effectively communicating ideas, and problem solving
- Setup, import and test cutscenes in Unreal 4 is required
- Offer solutions to maximise the efficiency, contribute to the overall development of the project and raise any other issues that may need to be addressed
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
All Animators must demonstrate in their portfolio:
- Keen eye on character dynamics and acting
- Experience creating cinematics from blockout to completion
- Experience creating handcrafted character animation
- Experience editing motion captured animations
- Experience creating handcrafted or captured facial animations
- Experience working for more than two years in the game or film industry
Knowledge and skills:
- Sound grounding in the fundamentals of animation principles is essential
- Knowledge creating narrative storyboards
- Expertise with Autodesk Maya
- Good eye in photo-realistic animation
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude
- Passion for games and animation films
- Working knowledge of Unreal engine 4 and the according toolset
- Cleaning and solving motion capture
- Filming or acting experience or mocap direction
- Production experience developing a first person game or open world game
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.