Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced design department for a Player Focused Technical Designer.
If you are a strong technical implementer, with an interest in core player facing systems, then this could be the role for you. Useful areas of interest include combat, player traversal and 1st/3rd person animation systems.
You may be an experienced Technical Designer, a gifted Computer Science Graduate, or a seasoned Programmer looking to make the switch to design.
You will be working on an established AAA franchise for Console and PC platforms. If you have the passion for creating exceptional content and building the best game experiences possible, we’d love to speak to you!
As a Dambuster Technical Designer, you will be:
- Building fun and engaging gameplay mechanics
- Part of the design, prototyping and development of game systems from concept phase to release
- Working closely with other departments to collaborate on game content and drive quality
- Taking responsibility for the setup and maintenance of core gameplay systems
You will need to be able to:
- Deliver work on time, to the highest standard and using approved methods
- Showcase strong scripting skills
- Communicate effectively and work well within a team environment
- Receive and submit constructive feedback
- Identify issues and deliver well thought out solutions to problems
- Seek help when necessary instead of working around problems
- Document your systems and communicate their usage effectively to the wider team
It would be a bonus if:
- You have knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- You have a working knowledge of C++
- You have experience mentoring or coaching team members in day to day work
- You have shipped multiple AAA console games, and/or have worked in the games industry for 3+ years
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.