Art Creation - 0305
Manager position title
CCP Games is seeking a talented and ambitious Technical Artist for CCP’s Project Nova – a new hiqh quality PC FPS set in the universe of New Eden. We are looking for someone capable of acting as a key contributor to the development of the art production pipeline
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
- Work closely with the team and leads to guide the practical execution of delivering art and content through an efficient and stable art production pipeline
- Write tools and create placeholder art
- Cooperate with the engineering, art and content team to utilize current technology to maximize performance without sacrificing visuals
- Create and manage pipelines for external partners who contribute to building out the content of the game
- Provide technical support in all areas of the production pipeline
- 1+ years industry experience as a Technical Artist,
- Experience in at least 2 of the following fields: Shaders, GUI, Tools, Budgets
- Expertise in at least one 3D package, Maya, Max, etc.
- Knowledge in at least one scripting language, Lua, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with of PBR
- Basic 3D mathematics
- Rich knowledge on Animation, Special Effects, Postprocess.
- Familiar with modern art pipeline tools, eg. Substance / Simplygon
- 1+ years professional experience developing in game engines, Unity or Unreal
- Good grasp of working within memory and performance constraints
- Identifies creative strategies and solutions to address technical problems, and complex production requirements.
- Anticipates risks. Provides contingency solutions and timelines.
- Must feel comfortable creating innovation and leveraging the strengths of emerging and pre-existing technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline with little oversight
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Passion for video games
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong 3D skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or higher
- Industry experience that demonstrates skill through shipping games or similar endeavors
- Strong knowledge of the games industry
- A shipped product in the role of Technical Artist, Senior Technical Artist or or comparable
- Knowledge and experience working in Unreal Engine 4
All candidates should include a portfolio or supporting samples of previous work, together with a cover letter.
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name
In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.