Associate Marketing Manager
We're looking for a versatile Associate Marketing Manager who will take charge of brand, channel, and product marketing efforts for Pillars of Eternity, our award-winning computer role-playing series.
Nobody makes games like Obsidian. Over the course of our 14 years in the industry, we've sold millions of units, won hundreds of awards, and have always put our players first in every decision we've made. We want more gamers to know and experience why we've been so successful, and that's where marketing comes in! Joining the Marketing team means helping to make sure gamers the world over know why Obsidian fans love us like nobody else -- and that the feeling is mutual.
This role will work closely with the heads of marketing, brand strategy, publishing, and PR to shape and execute effective marketing tactics for individual titles in the Pillars of Eternity series, as well as the overall brand.
- Identifies the target and wide audience(s) for Pillars of Eternity, develops positioning strategy, and works closely with the Obsidian brand team to maximize Pillars' market share.
- Develops owned, social, and retail campaigns to be executed either in-house or using outside agencies.
- Tracks and analyzes sales volumes and market share trends, as well as competitor activity, to ensure Pillars of Eternity is top of mind for key audiences, and that marketing programs are effective.
- Assists the Director of Brand Strategy in developing ideas for the Pillars brand within Obsidian's suite of products, and works with other business units and marketing team members to execute approved plans.
- Communicates regularly and well with internal development teams to become an authority on all things Pillars of Eternity and ensures buy-in from development on marketing efforts.
- 5 years' experience marketing video games, major entertainment brands, or consumer technology
- Experience managing and optimizing marketing channels (e.g., paid social, digital storefronts, etc.)
- Excellent analytical abilities with the ability to conceive of and perform analyses of marketing and sales data and recommend courses of action
- Passion for video games, especially role-playing games
- Ability to focus on a single brand where necessary, but work productively with other internal and external brands and products
- Ability to organize and multitask, switching between strategic planning and operational execution when necessary
- Willingness to ideate and share ideas, as well as to take direction and execute
- Strong proficiency with analytics and visualization software, such as Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint or Tableau
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience working on or developing go-to-market plans and business strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field; MBA a major plus
- Can share a story about a memorable experience with an Obsidian game
- Experience marketing through digital retailers like Steam
- Experience with conventions such as Comic Con and Gamescom
- Experience marketing in Europe
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line, and include a cover letter stating why you are interested in working at Obsidian and what you think an example of good video games marketing is (regardless of era).
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications with cover letters.