ASSOCIATE PROGRAMMER (SERVER) INTERN
AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Do you love challenging problems?
Do you want to apply what you're learning today to improve processes and systems?
If so, our Associate Programmer (Server) Intern role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned AAA subsidiary of SEGA, is the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, and the Dawn of War and Company of Heroes franchises. Our studio focuses on building the technology we need to create the game experiences of the future.
Currently, we’re on the hunt for an ambitious student or new grad who is keen to gain experience and launch their career in server programming. In return, we want to give you the mentorship and tools you need to solve real engineering challenges. Sound interesting? Read below!
Please note that this is a 4 month work term (with the possibility for an extension).
As an Associate Programmer Intern you will…
- Contribute to a server team that services millions of users on multiple titles
- Develop the server infrastructure needed for the next generation of our games
- Collaborate with other team members to design and architect your code
- Gain experience in areas such as networking, server, and link
- Participate in stress and functional testing
- Be mentored by some of the industry’s best architects
- Work at the most recognized RTS games studio in Canada (3 of our games are in PC Gamer’s all-time Top 20 Best Strategy Games)
- Participate in all studio functions and events (i.e. team building, company parties, charitable endeavors, and sports)
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Completed at least the first year of a Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Some experience with C++, Java, and/or SQL
- A passion and curiosity for solving complex problems
- A positive attitude, a sense of humour, and a passion for games
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Cool projects on your Github or website to show off to us
- Some web or server development experience
- Graphics experience
What’s in it for you?
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive compensation packages. We also offer numerous fun office perks and an opportunity for co-ops to attend all Relican events.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for. We expect that we will close this position by Wednesday, May 24. The anticipated start date is early September.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada. However, if you need to relocate from another province or Territory in Canada in order to work in Vancouver, BC, we will support you in making that as smooth as possible.
Have you heard? We launched Dawn of War 3!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram