You see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. Your passion for action RPG games generates the need to know how they're made. You find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, and gameplay systems and are intrigued by seeing how modifications can change the way people play. You explore subjects like psychology, mathematics, and economics to captivate players and tell a story through your design work.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Character Designer to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Translating an existing Marvel Character into attributes, mechanics, and dynamics
- Implementing Characters you are designing using in-house scripting tools
- Iterating upon design by utilizing data, community feedback, and first-hand experience
- Building and moving characters through the production process, working closely with a team of animators, artists, and engineers
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And that’s where you come in…
Your background includes:
- Experience designing Characters or RPG systems on at least one shipped title, preferably in a mobile games environment
- Logical thinking with strong math and spreadsheet skills
- Rock-solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
You will be working with a team of talents across all disciplines to deliver new exciting features to a passionate fan base. You will be an embedded key member of the game design team, involved in decision making that affect game features, monetization strategies, and in-game promotions. After all, you love working with creative minds and smart people.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.