We’re looking for talented software engineers with a teamwork oriented mindset. Primarily as a the Lead Programmer, your job will be to serve as a leader, mentor, and role model on our programming team. Good communication skills are a must.
As a leader, you should be supportive of the members of the programming team, listening and responding to their ideas and concerns, while also assuming responsibility for anything programming related, and taking the initiative when you know something needs to get done.
As a mentor, you should be able to recognize teaching opportunities for other programmers when they arise, and be willing to guide team members to successful outcomes, both inside and outside programming.
As a role model, you should hold yourself to a high standard and be comfortable setting a good example for the other members of the team.
- Attending meetings related to team management and game production.
- Planning sprints and coordinating the tasks that are assigned to programmers.
- Completing important programming tasks when needed.
- Working with other department leads when required for planning, development, or bug-fixing.
- Working closely with the QA lead to manage and prioritise bug fixing efforts.
- Orchestrating the programming design process.
- Helping programmers when they are stuck on the tasks they have been assigned.
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and facilitating their elimination.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training.
- Minimum of 6 years full time experience working as a software engineer.
- 2 years of game development experience as a programmer with at least 1 shipped title.
- Advanced understanding of C++ software development.
- Previous leadership experience is strongly preferred.
- Some experience working with Unreal Engine is ideal.
Relocation expenses covered up to $5000 CAD. Bonuses ranging from 1 to 3 months of salary will occasionally be provided at 6 month intervals, at the discretion of management. Two paid company breaks occur twice a year during the winter and summer, as well as a paid annual week long company trip.
40 hours per week. Salaried full time, for a permanent position in our office located in Burnaby, BC.
Only applicants who meet the above qualifications will be contacted. Please forward your cover letter, resume, and a technical portfolio (if appropriate) by clicking Apply Now below.