We’re looking for talented software engineers with a teamwork oriented mindset. We would prefer candidates with a game development background, but are always open to training experienced software engineers in game development on the job.
As a Senior Programmer, your job will be to serve as a mentor, role model, and primary contributor on our programming team.
As a mentor, you should be able to recognize teaching opportunities for other programmers when they arise, and be willing to guide team members to successful outcomes, both inside and outside programming.
As a role model, you should hold yourself to a high standard and be comfortable setting a good example for the other members of the team.
As a primary contributor, you should be a proactive member in both the design and development processes, who is able to drive the delivery of major systems, difficult features, and serious bugfixes.
Being one of the primary contributors to the programming work of the company.
- Learning a new system, concept, or unfamiliar area of code, when it’s needed to solve a problem.
- Helping programmers when they are stuck on the tasks they have been assigned.
- Designing and Prototyping of new core systems.
- Analyzing and improving game performance.
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX].
- Coordinating with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training.
- Minimum of 4 years full time experience working as a software engineer.
- Intermediate understanding of C++ software development.
- Previous experience working in game development as a programmer is strongly preferred.
- Some experience working with Unreal Engine is ideal.
Relocation expenses covered up to $5000 CAD. Bonuses ranging from 1 to 3 months of salary will occasionally be provided at 6 month intervals, at the discretion of management. Two paid company breaks occur twice a year during the winter and summer, as well as a paid annual week long company trip.
40 hours per week. Salaried full time, for a permanent position in our office located in Burnaby, BC.
Only applicants who meet the above qualifications will be contacted. Please forward your cover letter, resume, and a technical portfolio (if appropriate) by clicking Apply Now below.