IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER (LINUX)
Rockstar North is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, and personable IT Systems Engineer. Applicants will be highly skilled, motivated and organised.
You will be responsible for the administration and management of a global IT infrastructure alongside a core team of engineers’ throughout Rockstar Games. Your focus will be to maintain and develop key systems with a strong emphasis on automation. You will be required to become proficient in all aspects of our infrastructure where training will be provided.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- In depth Linux configuration and administration skills (RHEL/Ubuntu).
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet/Chef).
- Application and web service administration (IIS/Apache/Tomcat).
- Database configuration and administration (MySQL/Percona, NoSQL).
- Strong scripting skills (Powershell, Bash, Python).
- Version control system exposure (Perforce (Helix)/GIT/SVN)).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Self-motivated & confident.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with taking projects from planning through to completion.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Ability to sometimes work flexible hours, occasionally rotating shifts, or out of ours as necessary.
- SAN/NAS Installation and administration – Understanding of replication technologies would be advantageous.
- Brocade/Cisco networking – Layer2/3 – Exposure to Fabric would be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of iSCSI storage protocol.
- Windows server installation and administration (Active directory, GPO, DHCP, DNS, DFS/R).
- VMware, installation and administration.
- User and administration experience with Altassian stack (Confluence, Jira).
- Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama Administration.
- WAN acceleration (Silverpeak/Riverbed/Citrix)
- Open source Infrastructure monitoring (CheckMK/Nagios)