SENIOR UI PROGRAMMER
Rockstar North is looking for a Senior UI Programmer to join our Rockstar UI Technology team. The exceptional engineer we are looking for is able to dive deeply into the lower level technology, create systems for our UI artists to help them develop intuitive and attractive experiences, and be versatile enough to dive into the frontline UI itself.
Commercial games experience is essential with at least four years and one published title on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One to demonstrate your skills. Rockstar is a tight community and highly collaborative, so you will need to be able to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
- Develop, maintain and extend next generation UI systems.
- Take prototype design ideas, iterate through trial and error to evolve them into fluent, easy to use UIs.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other coders on how to best utilize the current UI technology.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional experience with at least one shipped game title on console.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, and OO design skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with programmers, artists and designers.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Good team communication skills, and being able to translate rough ideas into concrete implementations.
- Experience with Scaleform, Flash and Actionscript.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
- Visual arts or equivalent background.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.