JUNIOR PHYSICS PROGRAMMER
Rockstar North is seeking a talented & enthusiastic junior physics programmer to join our team to work on the development of physics systems and to innovate on physics based gameplay mechanics. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge physics systems and use them in creative and novel ways. We want to hear from candidates who can iterate toward the perfect blend of realism and fun in how games feel to play and from candidates with an eye for detail.
- Implement high quality physics based gameplay systems.
- Complete tasks to specification defined by the Lead Programmer.
- Problem solve and fix physics based issues.
- Assist other departments such as Animation & AI, to solve physics problems.
- Assist designers to create exciting missions.
- Good Physics/mathematics/computer science degree.
- Fluency in C/C++ and object orientated programming.
- Outstanding math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Ability to take direction and contribute ideas.
- Good knowledge of physics and physics simulation techniques.
- Good team communication skills.
- Self-motivation with a positive and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Console programming experience.
- Familiarity with existing physics packages.
- Demonstrable skills via personal projects.