Rockstar North is looking for experienced Tools Programmers to join its internal tools development team. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across all development disciplines, and help drive our tools technology forward to support the creation of all Rockstar Games Projects.
The Tools Programmer role will involve designing, implementing and maintaining the asset pipeline and tools technology across multiple projects and platforms from content creation through to the game engine. Strong communication skills will be paramount in order to interact with a wide group of discipline experts within Rockstar.
- Work within the Tools team on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, such as our asset pipeline, automated systems or standalone user-interfaces.
- Improve workflow and user experience.
- Maintaining and fixing bugs in the toolchain.
- Working within a schedule to deliver features and fixes effectively to deadlines.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Familiarity with at least one digital content creation package.
- Strong C/C++ skills.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python).
- Strong math skills.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Strong .Net/C#, ASP.Net and WCF skills.
- Experience developing User Interfaces with WPF.
- Prior experience with Qt and/or WinForms.
- Experience with the 3dsmax SDK and MaxScript.
- Experience implementing and maintaining an asset pipeline.