JUNIOR TECHNICAL CAMERA ANIMATOR
Rockstar Games is seeking a talented and passionate camera-minded filmmaker/ junior animator to join our team. You will be entering a growing team of camera artists that collaborates across departments to animate and implement cameras that work between our various script and code based systems. You will assist in establishing and executing the visual flow and manipulating how we use cameras to enhance the player’s narrative experience.
- Take on the role of a “virtual” camera operator with an eye for narrative editing.
- Work closely with the camera team using professional animation software and in game tools.
- Learn to use our customized tools to achieve new standards with in game camera cinematics.
- Be willing to work through the creative and technical hurtles of an ever evolving, intense work space.
- Provide a Reel and resume demonstrating skills in:
- Animating within cinematic contexts including life-like camera movements.
- Experience operating real-world and/or computer-based cameras.
- Narrative film editing.
- Strong understanding of film composition.
- A solid understanding of the creative process from conception through post.
- Capable of keeping an organized brain when working on large projects.
- Degree in Animation/Film Production, or comparable years’ professional experience in AAA games / film.
- A strong passion for video games, film and pop culture - especially related to the Rockstar Games brand.
- Experienced and technically proficient with 3d animation software: experience with Autodesk’s MotionBuilder is preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and animate high quality, realistic camera work.
- Full understanding of film theory and spatial scene blocking, composition, editing
- Ability to quickly pick up new and different creative tools from in game engines to customized support tools.
- Skilled with professional film/fx editing software – Adobe Creative Suite, Avid knowledge is a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-player mentality!