We’re working with a client who have already dominated the Chinese mobile-game market with their games that aim to connect communities across borders, languages and cultures. They’re now looking for their next challenge with the opening of their new central Edinburgh-based studio.
Our client is looking for Senior Software Developers to be part of their ambitious new mobile video games studio in central Edinburgh. The successful candidates will be responsible for designing and developing software for their new state-of-the-art mobile MMO project as well as other innovative titles.
You will work closely with the Technical Director, Lead Programmer and other software team members on the delivery of the project. You will be involved in defining your own tasks, producing accurate task estimates and delivering your work within a defined timescale.
- Fluent in C++ and C# languages.
- A solid understanding of 3D geometry and physics.
- 5+ years software development experience in the video games industry working on the development of 3D video games for PC or consoles.
- At least 2 shipped products as a programmer/senior programmer.
- Experience working with third party game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Experience in the development of online multiplayer games including client-server development and deployment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Multiplayer networking for real-time gaming.
- Game Server development including account management, leaderboards, content delivery.
- Vehicle driving and traffic simulation.
- 3rd person player control, combat and customisation.
For more information about this excellent role contact Andy Jenkinson on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email Andy @aswift.com