Senior Big Data Engineer
Work in Berlin for one of the world`s largest games websites and excite more than 130 million users.
GameDuell`s IT architecture is based on the SOA paradigm and consists of several loosely linked services that communicate by sending messages to each other. On one hand, the architecture allows a horizontal scaling of databases and services. On the other hand, it offers the highest possible availability and robustness for the user.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer at GameDuell, you will be responsible for our Hadoop/Big Data/Cloud infrastructure and you will serve as an interface between different teams.
- Optimization of the current Hadoop/Big Data/Cloud infrastructure
- Batch and real-time data processing and aggregation
- Design and extension of data models
- Database performance analysis , tuning and monitoring
- Effectively drive cross-team solutions
What we expect
- Completed university degree in the field of Technical Informatics, Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of relevant working experience with the design and development of databases as well as experience with Cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Google, Azure)
- Profound knowledge of noSQL databases and technologies including Hadoop , HBase and Hive
- Core competencies in JAVA necessary, experience in Scala would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of data structures , algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Experience with the usage of Apache Storm, Kafka and Spark
- Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German very welcome
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are also required
What we offer
- Demanding tasks and new challenges
- One of the best offices in Berlin
- Interesting possibilities for your personal development
- A great, performance oriented, friendly and international team is looking forward to meeting you
- Relocation support (with company apartment, relocation agency, visa handling, etc.)
- Flexible work hours
- Timeframe: Immediately, full time
If you are up for the challenge, then we look forward to hearing from you.