Are you a creative and dedicated games industry professional with experience in content creation and writing? Are you interested in Paradox Interactive and our brands and with a desire to help us bring them to the next level? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As an Experienced Content Designer at our studio in Umeå, you will be a project team member where you will be involved in designing, scripting, and writing engaging game content. You will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the game.
- Designing and implementing game content in cooperation with game design specifications with room for creative contributions
- Scripting triggers, events, and game logic using our in-house scripting language
- Writing text for in-game content in English that thematically fits within the game
- Engaging in research on related topics to find inspiration for crafting entertaining content that creates memorable gaming experiences
- Taking ownership of tasks and working independently to ensure quality and timely delivery in coordination with the other Content Designers
- Defining asset needs required for the game content as it is designed and communicating those effectively to the Producer, Artists, and Audio Department
- Designing details for game features as needed for implementation
- Resolving scripting and in-game text bugs and issues in the game files as they arise
- 3+ years games industry experience in a content design/quest design/writing role or similar
- Proficient creative and design skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experience in code-based scripting and/or programming
- Narrative design skills
- Programming experience is a plus
- Experience creating mods for Paradox Development Studio games is a plus
We appreciate applicants that are passionate about telling stories and creating fun experiences for the player. We are seeking new hires that enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other but you are also given the freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. We care about quality and are motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world praising your work after release. You will thrive in a modern, creative environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
On a personal level the right candidate will be team oriented and able to communicate effectively with programmers, artists, production and management. An analytical mindset will be key, as well as flexibility and an ability to adjust to an ever-changing environment. Passion for, or at least an interest in, Paradox IP's (Grand strategy series or World of Darkness for example) will be considered an advantage. World of Darkness has a range of IP's that also includes Vampire the Masquerade, Hunter the Reckoning and Werewolf the Apocalypse.
We would like your application to include any relevant work samples and/or a link to your portfolio if you have one. We are especially interested in writing samples and any other content that you have produced for games or other media.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Location: Umeå, Sweden
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a more even gender distribution we highly encourage women to apply for this role.