Role: Junior Technical Designer
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, Dovetail Games is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Junior Technical Designer to work within a passionate team developing Dovetail Games Flight Simulator. The successful candidate must be technically minded with a reasonable understanding of scripting languages, text editing and database systems.
- Editing data and managing databases, systems and tools
- Research of aircraft and aviation data ensuring this information is correct within the game, updating where necessary
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
- Documenting systems and processes
- Learning the in-house mission building tools, whilst suggesting how to extend existing functionality
- Provide feedback and suggestions to Mission Design Team on created content
- Working in collaboration with the Mission Design Team to create content
- Experience with, and a passion for, in-game content creation
- Be able to work in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- Must be a practical problem solver, resourceful, self-motivated and organised
- Knowledge and experience in using scripting languages, game editors, source control for the creation of game content and features. With the ability to apply this knowledge to new tools and systems
- Knowledge of aircraft, aeronautical systems or flight training is highly desirable
About Dovetail Games:
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.