Senior Designer (PvP) - Destiny
We’re looking for talented PvP Designers to create cutting edge experiences in the Destiny universe. If you’re interested in jumping in and working with some of the most talented developers in the industry, apply today!
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Be a member of a team of designers building compelling PvP maps and modes
- Work with the Lead Designer on level design layout, playtesting, iteration, and overall balance of PvP maps and modes
- Work within established level design metrics and utilize the game systems to create engaging PvP maps
- Create new PvP modes that are highly replay-able and competitive
- Work alongside other designers and artists to create environments that are memorable, look great and run well
- Analyze, dissect, and iterate on existing maps
- Pitch ideas, strategic initiatives, and game concepts to all levels of management and leadership
- Champion your vision throughout each stage of development across multiple departments
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- At least 8 years’ experience as a designer, having been through multiple complete game ship cycles and having worked on at least one shipped AAA game
- Previous experience working on PvP levels and modes
- Strong spatial and layout design skills
- Intuitive understanding of how competitive games work and why people play them
- Solid understanding of game engines, technology, and the game development process
- Familiarity with 3D level design tools (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, or similar 3D editor)
- Passion for cross-collaboration with designers, artists, animators, programmers, audio designers, testers, and producers to achieve a common goal
- Excellent organization, negotiation, and communication skills
- Demonstrate proven design sense and leadership skills
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to prioritize feature requests to developers and engineers based on design goals
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!