Job Title: Level Designer
Supervisor: Lead Level Designer
- Create state of the art levels focusing on innovative gameplay, accessibility, pacing and strong atmosphere;
- Work closely with the Level Design team and Level Artists in creating top quality levels with the tools available;
- Design levels (layout, situations, design document) in close collaboration with Level Artists while following design and technical guidelines;
- Develop 3D playgrounds and levels, integrate actors and scripted events, and balance the gameplay in-game;
- Help with the development of the various features and mechanics during the project;
- Work in collaboration with the Game Design team, Game Director and Lead Level; Designer to achieve the emotions and player experience desired in each level;
- Write general level design documents for the use of other Level Designers;
- Provide support to less experienced level designers.
Experience and Technical skills required:
•University or college diploma in game design, or equivalent training;
•+ 3 years of experience in the video game industry as a Level Designer;
•Minimum of 1 published title as Senior Level Designer, preferably next generation;
•Good knowledge in systemic design;
•Good knowledge in scripting and AI (asset);
•Good knowledge in game level architecture and 3D environments;
•Experience using industry standard level editing tools, editors and pipelines;
•Knowledge of Sketchup and Unreal 3.0;
•Bilingual (French and English).
Personal and interpersonal skills:
INNOVATION / CREATIVITY: Work demonstrating initiative and creative spirit while using efficient work methods.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Demonstrate sense of responsibility and autonomy in achieving project results and individual objectives.
HONESTY / RESPECT: Act in honest and respectful manner while respecting commitments.
COLLABORATION / TEAMWORK: Collaborate with other team, share expertise and be good team player.