Limbic Entertainment is looking for a talented VFX Artist (m/f) for an unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project.
For this position, we are seeking a person with a great passion for games and art in general, but also a good understanding of the technical aspects and requirements of VFX creation. You will work on the development of real-time effects and support our art and tech teams.
Your responsibility will be the creation of stunning visual effects, including particle effects, physics simulation (including the dynamics/properties for rag dolls, chains, cloth behavior etc.) and potentially the development of shaders. This area requires an excellent feel for graphical visualizations, which play a very important role in our projects. In particular being able to polish effects and shaders, with a good eye for artistic aspects, is a key factor for us.
Your tasks will include:
• Creating particle effects, meshes, shaders and destruction simulations
• Working closely with our technical artists, using a mix of third party and proprietary tools to set up art for optimal execution and display in our game engine
• Collaborating with key team members in the creation of in-game real-time effects
• Helping to define and optimize our effects pipeline by introducing new tools and scripts with the goal of reducing the manual workload
• Assisting our lighting artists and environment artists in creating the effects for game environments
• Delivering visual content on schedule and in line with the technical requirements
• Adding the final polishing to and tweaking already existing effects
• Fixing bugs and optimizing game assets and effects, while respecting performance requirements and the specifications of various platforms
• Accomplished FX artist with experience of working on at least one console title
• Experience of working with the Unreal Engine, especially Unreal Engine 4
• Ability to create amazing looking game art and effects
• Deep understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game effects
• Highly experienced in one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya etc.)
• Ability to respond elegantly to difficult changes in the creative direction, often late in the process
• A high level of self-motivation and the ability to work without direct supervision
• A passion for video games is mandatory
• Fluent in English
• EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany is required
What we offer:
• A responsible and challenging position in a dynamic business
• Our team of more than 60 employees contributes to an enjoyable and cooperative working atmosphere
• Flat hierarchies make for quick decision-making
• Interesting game projects with many different, diverse and challenging tasks
• Appropriate remuneration
Please send your full CV and cover email to:
Ms. Loren Bucioglu
For more information on Limbic Entertainment GmbH, please refer to http://www.limbic-entertainment.de.