Senior Level Designer (m/f)
Limbic Entertainment is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Level Designer (m/f) for an unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project.
As a Senior Level Designer (m/f), you will have a great passion for game development in all areas but especially in the use of Unreal Engine. You will have already worked for several years in professional environments and shipped several products. With this experience, you will be a key player and a central spokesperson for the team. Working with and training colleagues will be a very important aspect of this position. You will have a strong sense of ownership of multiple-level design-related development steps and will be a main contact person for leads and management.
Your tasks will include:
• Conceptualizing, prototyping, building, scripting, decorating and tuning levels for our games
• Collaborating with the design team members to create interesting and engaging gameplay scenarios within the established game design guidelines
• Guiding and mentoring other level designers
• Attending and/or leading level design-specific discussions regarding design reviews and identifying potential issues
• Supporting the Lead Level Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties
• At least five years of industry experience in a level design/level art capacity with at least one published AAA title
• Strong knowledge of game/level design fundamentals: learning curve, directing the player, difficulty levels, balancing, pacing, motivation and reward cycles, accessibility, etc.
• Experience in development on consoles
• Avid gamer with knowledge and understanding of various game genres and game types
• Ability to take direction and accept critical reviews of your work
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts
• Previous experience with the Unreal Editor is a plus
• Fluent in English
• EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany is required
What we offer:
• A responsible and challenging position in a dynamic business
• Our team of more than 60 employees contributes to an enjoyable and cooperative working atmosphere
• Flat hierarchies make for quick decision-making
• Interesting game projects with many different, diverse and challenging tasks
• Appropriate remuneration
Please send your full CV and cover email by clicking Apply Now below.
For more information on Limbic Entertainment GmbH, please refer to http://www.limbic-entertainment.de