Console Programmer (m/f)
Limbic Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced Console Programmer (m/f) for an unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project.
As our Console Programmer (m/f) you will have a great passion for new-generation consoles and engine technologies in general. You will have already worked on professional projects in the gaming industry and ideally released at least one title. One of the responsibilities of this role is porting and developing console gameplay functionalities and tools. In addition, you will support technical artists and level designers with their porting efforts. Evaluating and integrating new tools and maintaining the deployment pipeline by applying updates will also be one of your responsibilities.
Your tasks will include:
• Implementing functionalities with a focus on consoles (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)
• Supporting the build creation and submission processes
• Improving game performance on the engine side
• Becoming familiar with big code bases and maintaining third-party code
• Creating and estimating tasks and user stories
• Maintaining the product with technical support and bug fixes
• Evaluating new technologies and plugins
• Two to three years’ experience in game development, preferably console games
• Experience developing for consoles and the submission processes (with Sony and/or Microsoft)
• Excellent C++ skills and well acquainted with Visual Studio
• A background in working with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience in development environments, standards and technologies such as OOP, Design Patterns, Test Driven Development, UML, etc.
• Familiarity with code and data optimizing to improve performance and memory usage
• High affinity for games, the internet and multimedia
• Fluent in English
• EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany
What we offer:
• A responsible and challenging position in a dynamic business
• Our team of more than 60 employees contributes to an enjoyable and cooperative working atmosphere
• Flat hierarchies make for quick decision-making
• Interesting game projects with many different, diverse and challenging tasks
• Appropriate remuneration
Please send your full CV and cover email by clicking Apply Now below.
For more information on Limbic Entertainment GmbH, please refer to http://www.limbic-entertainment.de