Antimatter Games is looking for a talented, experienced Intermediate Level Designer to join our team for work on Rising Storm 2 and future projects. This is a permanent role, based in our Cornwall offices or you can work remote (Must be within -/+ 6 hours of Germany. We offer stability and excellent long-term prospects working in a beautiful part of the UK.
At Antimatter, our workflow is very organic, so you’ll be expected to interact heavily with the programming, design and art teams as well as with other Level Designers. We’re looking for a candidate who wants to be a part of a team and make meaningful contributions to how our games look and feel.
- Creating levels from the beginning to end (Whitebox/Blockout through to final set dressing, lighting and bugfixing)
- Creating Design Documents that effectively communicate plans for levels, areas, and gameplay features using a mixture of images and text
- Contributing to the studio’s internal dialogues on various design issues, and giving feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work.
- Experience with Unreal Engine / UDK
- Experience with multiplayer action games
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent
- Credit on at least one released 3D game title on PC or Console
- Demonstrable knowledge of level design, pacing and gameplay flow
- Demonstrable knowledge of composition, lighting and set dressing
- 2+ years industry experience in Level Design
- Playable levels that can be shown as part of Portfolio (Mod, Custom Maps, Released Game)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Based within +/- 6 hours of Germany
We are Cornwall’s largest game development studio. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, our team works to create exciting and innovative video games!
We were born from the team who made Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, have worked with 2K and Turtle Rock Studios on assets for Evolve, and have worked on the stellar Killing Floor games, as well as a number of outsourced work for other major publishers. We are currently in full development of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam for our publisher Tripwire Interactive.
We offer a range of services, from 3D art and animation, to video production, level design and full game development. We’re always looking for new ways to expand and grow as a business and as a studio – there’s an exciting future here for AMG, and we can’t wait to be a part of it.
Living in Cornwall: this position is an exciting and unique opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places ‘by the sea’ in the UK – where the cost of living is relatively low – and help lead an already talented team to greater success.
Falmouth is home to our studio and has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for it’s vibrant, arty & creative atmosphere, with lots of events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beach combing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera.
We also have good coffee!
Rate of pay will be commensurate with experience.