AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Does creating best-in-class global marketing campaigns excite you?
Are you known for creating high quality content, executing flawlessly and challenging the status quo?
If so, our Brand Manager opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Senior Manager to join our Brand team in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of the success of our franchise, you will plays strategic role between the development team and the Brand team. You will be a brand ambassador at the heart of development, charged with creating high quality content and devising best-in-class global strategy for our titles. Flawless execution is the name of the game and you will be challenged to liaise with our development team to constantly create the best.
We’re in the midst of a new chapter at the studio, and in order to be successful, you truly need to be excited about what we do, be eager to make a positive impact, and be motivated by results. Our days are fast-paced, our standards are high, and we believe that’s what it takes to make the best games on the planet.
As a Brand Manager, you will…
- Lead the strategic brand management of our titles from inception through to live operations to long-term brand health & consumer engagement
- Partner with studio's development team to define product positioning, ensure game deliverables are aligned with campaign requirements and continually educate the team on market insights (including platform trenfds, retail sales and consumer insights)
- Act as a product expert – you must evangelize our franchise brand to external partners (our publisher, plus licensors, retailers and agencies) to mobilize support and advocacy across the business
- Establish effective working relationships across broad and varied internal and external stakeholder group
- Work with our Business Intelligence team to interpret and understand market research in order to translate franchise, market and consumer insights into future planning
- Guide SEGA’s media briefing and planning process through close collaboration with SEGA’s Marketing team
- Liaise with our Communications Manager to ensure that all our communications are consistent and reflect brand positioning & consumer targeting
- Partner with our Community Management team to generate engaging content for cross-channel communications
- Ensure that product positioning is translated in a consistent manner across software, marketing communications and campaign assets
- Believe in a team culture that constructively gives and receives feedback, has fun, and constantly contributes to the studio in a positive light!
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, International Business or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience working in brand marketing within the games industry
- Proven track record in marketing PC titles and managing global campaigns for AAA RTS titles
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically (you must be able to look at a situation from 30,000 feet and also be able to get stuff done)
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills (you must be on the ball with planning and project management, but also be able to adapt when priorities shift!)
- Critical thinking skills – you must be being able to interpret telemetry derived from PC products
- Excellent presentation and writing skills - you must be a polished communicator who thrives presenting to a group and shows confidence in interactions
- Passion for what you do and a desire to make a significant impact
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
NOTE: We work with stakeholders all over the world, therefore travel is required for this role!
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Company Address: 400 – 1040 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2R9
Have you heard? We’re making Dawn of War 3!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram