Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer. Responsible for defining and tracking the schedule for his team, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team, and being an evangelist for the project.
- Work with production, engineers, design and art team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the gameplay engineering team and track development efforts across the team.
- Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the gameplay engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements.
- Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system by leading regular technical design and code reviews.
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation for the engineering team.
- Mentor, manage and regularly review individuals to build a cohesive and effective team.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Good understanding of gameplay technology, and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors.
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira etc…
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- Substantial commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 2 published games.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc…
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 28th March 2017
Closing date for applications: 27th April 2017