As Splash Damage’s Senior UI Programmer, you will use your passion for games and your outstanding programming skills to create memorable user interfaces for our current and future games.
Capable of great autonomy and reporting to the Lead UI Programmer, you will work with Splash Damage’s UI and Gameplay teams to plan, build, and maintain the front-end and in-game user interfaces for our games. You will apply your expertise in UI middleware as well as your programming skills to create user-friendly interface code and assets with a focus on performance.
As a senior member of the programming team, you will also help define and champion development methodologies, contribute to technology roadmaps for your field of expertise, and participate in staff development by sharing your knowledge.
Essential Skills & Experience
Experience in a senior UI programming position on at least 1 shipped title
Experienced and proficient in C++
Experienced and proficient in common UI middleware, such as Scaleform or UMG
Experienced and proficient in Python
Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
Good verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Maths-related field
Experience developing in UnrealEngine 4
Experience integrating user interfaces with online services
Experience managing or mentoring other UI programmers
Demonstrable appreciation of usability conventions in relation to UI
Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
Experience working in small, focused teams
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children (Equivalent of £1500 a year)
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership (Worth up to £720 a year)
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service (at its lowest offered employees £250)
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee