We're looking for a versatile and talented Game Designer to join our growing team. You will bring experience, enthusiasm and a bit of magic to our ‘Games with Purpose’ output. If you're passionate about game-based learning then walk this way...
- Location: Finsbury Park, London
- Salary: Competitive, DOE
- Type: Contract to perm
Seeking candidates with an instinctive understanding of what makes a great educational game experience; story, systems, mechanics, user interface and the all important ability to fold specialist subject matter into core gameplay.
As a studio focussing on games that go beyond entertainment, we work with players of all ages, from young children to adults. An understanding of audience needs is critical in our success.
You will have a methodical approach to games design, strong problem solving skills and the clarity of thought to design brilliantly simple games from complex (but fantastic!) content. The perfect candidate will bring a passion for learning in all its forms, acting as an advocate for the transformational powers of games.
A proven track record is important and the full-time position won’t be filled until we’ve found what we’re looking for: a healthy blend of experience, skills, talent and attitude. Here’s a quick summary:
- Nice folks who love games
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Good collaboration and knowledge-sharing skills
- Strong visual communicators, never short of ideas
- Brilliant portfolio of games / ideas that push the medium
- Technically minded, with proficiency in discipline-critical tools
- A deep understanding of game types, mechanics and systems
- An advocate for the player, and creating beautiful user-experiences
Your application will not be considered if:
- You are not already eligible to work in the UK
- You do not have relevant industry experience
Work with the best producers, artists, designers and developers in the industry on challenging and deeply rewarding games that make a difference. Which isn’t to mention the competitive salary, panoramic views of London, impressive benefits package and more VR kit than you can shake a joystick at.
Preloaded is a BAFTA winning games studio focussed on the creation of ‘Games with Purpose’. Since 2000 they have worked with brands, broadcasters, museums and charities to use the transformational power of games to solve problems and change lives. Visit us: preloaded.com
Preloaded will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited r
esume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.